Christine Pittman: The Recipe Developer, Writer and Photographer at Cook the Story
- Speaking Gig: (Upcoming) BlogHer Food in Austin, June 2013, Topic: PRO Food Photography on the Fly.
- Speaking Gig: Central Florida BlogCon, Topic: Fitting Blogging Into Your Life, September 2012 with Co-Presenters Jackie Carlin of momjovi.com and Michelle Wright of crazyrunninglegs.com.
- Speaking Gig:BlogHer Food in Seattle, June 2012, Topic: Basic Copyright: Understanding Your Rights And The Rights Of Others.
- Interviewed for Food Bloggers and Their Influence on Produce Consumers appearing in Produce Business, October 2011.
- I’ve contributed several posts to The Outdoor Cooking Channel. Here are some of the pieces I have written over there:
- For three months in the Spring/Summer 2012 a recipe of mine was featured in Roget’s Fine Wine and Beer (my local wine shop’s) e-newsletter. I provided one of my recipes to match one of the wines that Roget’s was pouring at their weekend tastings.
- Hear of PincChatLive? It’s a chat in real time held on Pinterest. While the chat is going on, there’s also a live video feed of the gals who are doing the pinning. Here is a link to the Pinterest Board where the PinChat happens and here are links to the videos: The Dip Chat; The Appetizer Chat.
- Check out my cooking demos for Raclette and for Soft Pretzels.
- Katie from Katie’s Cucina and I do a weekly chat with another food blogger where we delve into one aspect of food world, whether it be an ingredient, a method of cooking, how to eat sustainably, etc. Check out Christine & Katie Show here. The blog for our show is coming soon!
- I was one of ten Mango Mentor finalists selected from participating BlogHer Food 2011 attendees. This was a video contest run by the National Mango Board. Each entrant made a video at BlogHer Food in Atlanta demonstrating how to cut a mango. Here’s my mango-cutting video.
- Double Down South Dip was one of eight National Finalists in the Lipton Dip to Win contest March 2013.
- Baked Potato Bites featured on thekitchn.com March 28, 2013
- Asparagus and Parmesan Appetizer featured on Crave Local February 15, 2013.
- Barley with Mushrooms and Leeks was the Recipe of the Day on erecipes.com, January 28, 2013.
- Cook the Story was certified Yummly on November 20, 2012.
- Check out food photographs by Christine that have been featured on Foodgawker, Kitchen Artistry and Tastespotting.
- Cook the Story was the Featured Blog of the Day on Foodista, May 29, 2011.
- Smokey Soup with Shrimp, Sausage and Barley. Featured on Foodpress.com, January 2011.
Posts Syndicated and Featured on BlogHer
- What Does The Word “Natural” Mean When It Comes To Food? was syndicated on BlogHer in November, 2012.
- Stop Celebrating Teacher Appreciation Week – Unless You’re Going To Do Something Else was a featured member post on BlogHer, May, 2012.
- The Side Dish Solution was a featured member post on BlogHer, April 2012. BlogHer version here.
- Should Salons Have Child Free Policies was a featured member post on BlogHer, March 2012.
- Super Pancake Tuesday was a featured member post on BlogHer, March, 2012. BlogHer version here.
- February Meal Plan with a Lemony Week and a Barley Challenge was syndicated on BlogHer in February, 2012. Syndicated version here.
- Poultry Cavity Conflict: Causes and Solutions was syndicated on BlogHer in November, 2011. Syndicated version here.
- My Opinion Monday: How Sexy is the 2012 Farm Bill? was featured under What’s Hot on the BlogHer Green Page, September 28th, 2011. BlogHer version here.
- My Opinion Monday: $8-A-Dozen Eggs? Not Today, Thanks was featured under What’s Hot on the BlogHer Food Page and on the BlogHer Green Page, September 27th, 2011. BlogHer version here.
- Corn for Supper appeared under What’s Hot on the BlogHer Food Page, June 2011. BlogHer version here.
- Preserved Lemons Make a Gift of a Salad was deemed hot on the BlogHer Food Page, May, 2011. BlogHer version here.
- It’s Springtime: How do You Use Up Lettuce and Herbswas syndicated on BlogHer on April 27, 2011. Syndicated version here.
- Christine & Christine’s Haystack Cookies appeared on Frosting for the Cause, a blogging fundraiser for research into cancers that affect women, on December 11, 2011.
- Raspberry Lime Pranayama Cupcakes appeared on Frosting for the Cause, a blogging fundraiser for research into cancers that affect women, on June 28, 2011.
- 7 Tips for Taking Kids to a Music Festival on Adventures with Ben, August 10, 2012.
- Make-Ahead Caprese Pasta Salad and Feeling Connected on Jane’s Adventures in Dinner, July 12, 2012.
- I May Be Late But I Brought Tostado on The Mrs, April 4, 2012.
- Eating Alone: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly on Scary Mommy’s Scary Mommy Society, February 2011.
- Should Salons Have Child-Free Policies? On Blogher.com, March 2012.
- Drink and Drive but Don’t Drink and Gestate. On BlogHer.com, January 2011.
- The Plight of the Small Restaurant Owner. On BlogHer.com, January 2011.
- The Self-Esteem and Social-Esteem of the Food Blogger. On BlogHer.com, January 2011.
- Written with Michael Barrie. Mandatives: Lessons on raising/control diagnostics. In Canadian Journal of Linguistics55(1): 131-138, 2010.
- Written with Michael Barrie. Mandatives: Lessons on raising/control diagnostics. In Canadian Journal of Linguistics 55(1): 131-138, 2010.
- Written with Richard Compton. Word-formation by phase in Inuit. Lingua 120(9), 2167-2192, 2010.
- “Complex verb formation revisited: Restructuring in Inuktitut and Nuu-chah-nulth.” In Variations on Polysynthesis: The Eskaleut Languages, eds. Mahieu, Marc-Antoine and Nicole Tersis, 135-147. John Benjamins. 2009.
- If you are for some reason interested in a longer list of Linguistics conference talks and papers, contact email@example.com.
To find out more about me and about my blog Cook the Story go to the Cook the Story About Page.
To contact me about writing, speaking, photography or advertising opportunities, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org