Frozen Fish Recipe: Buffalo Cod with Ranch Alfredo Sauce
Today’s recipe is full of flavor and is one of the easiest dinners I make. The buffalo-sauce-spiked cod is baked from frozen, making it simple and quick. The alfredo sauce is a mixture of ranch dressing and yogurt to which you add hot pasta. Dinner is served! This post is sponsored by Alaska Seafood.
I am in love with buffalo sauce. It’s such a simple way to bring tons of flavor to a recipe. For this seafood pasta recipe, I used wild Alaska cod basted with buffalo sauce. The spicy juicy cod is then flaked over pasta that was tossed in a sauce similar in flavor and texture to alfredo sauce. But this one is a no-cook sauce made by mixing together Ranch dressing, yogurt and milk.
Buffalo sauce paired with a ranch alfredo sauce? Nothing but good!
To make this recipe even more quick and easy, the cod is baked from frozen. No need to remember to take it out of the freezer in the morning. No need to defrost it at all!
I wrote more about how to cook fish from frozen last week. But basically, if you have cod or salmon in your freezer (I love the wild Alasaka frozen cod and salmon if find it), dinner can be ready in under 20 minutes, start to finish. Just preheat your oven, brush the fish lightly with oil and pop it in. After a few minutes you can add seasonings or sauce and then cook until it’s flaky and heated through.
A note about this recipe: If some members of your family don’t like the heat of buffalo sauce, no worries. When you brush the cod with buffalo sauce, brush one or two portions with a vinaigrette like Italian salad dressing or with plain tomato sauce instead. Top their pasta portions with the non-Buffalo cod.
This recipe is so good and so quick that you’ll make it over and over again. I know I have!
For another great dinner idea that starts with frozen fish, be sure to also check out my recipe for Crispy Coconut Baked Fish.
And now, here’s my recipe for Buffalo Cod with Fettuccine in Ranch Alfredo Sauce:
Buffalo Cod with Fettuccine in Ranch Alfredo Sauce
This easy dinner is made up of fettuccine tossed with a quick ranch alfredo sauce topped with equally quick and easy buffalo-sauce spiked cod fillets.
- 1/2 cup lite ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb. frozen cod portions
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1lb. dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F and put a large pot of water on to boil. Add a palm full of salt to the water when it boils.
- In a large bowl, combine the ranch dressing, Greek yogurt and milk. Mix well. Set aside.
- Rinse cod under cold running water to remove any ice crystals. Brush cod with olive oil and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Brush both sides of the cod with the buffalo sauce. Bake until heated through and flaky in the center, 8-15 more minutes.
- While cod cooks, cook the fettuccine in the large pot of boiling salted water according to package instructions but add the grated carrot to the pasta and water for the final 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and then immediately add to the ranch mixture. Toss to coat.
- Scatter the pasta with the celery and then top it with flakes of buffalo cod.