Chili-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
This stuffed mushrooms recipe is the easiest one I’ve ever made, but so tasty you’d never know it. Today I’m also sharing some delicious Game Day appetizers from some of my favorite bloggers. Read on for the stuffed mushrooms recipe and all the Game Day food.
This stuffed mushroom recipe is different from many that I’ve tried in that the filling is super-simple to make. In fact, the filling is made and the mushrooms are stuffed before the oven is done preheating.
The filling is made using chili. Whip up a batch of this 10 Minute Chili (yes, it’s really ready, start to finish, in only 10 minutes) for dinner one night. Then use a scoop of the leftovers to make the filling. Or use any homemade chili recipe or buy a can at the grocery store. Easy.
You mix the chili with cream cheese and cheddar cheese and then mound it onto the mushrooms caps. Top with a bit more cheddar and bake. See? So simple. And super-duper tasty.
Here’s the delicious and easy Chili-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe:
(Don’t forget to scroll down and see all the other amazing Game Day Recipes from some of my favorite bloggers).
- 16 white or cremini (small brown) mushrooms)
- ½ cup homemade or canned chili (if it's runny, drain off some liquid before measuring)
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use your fingers to pop the stems off the mushrooms. If some stem stays inside the cap, use a pairing knife to gently cut it out. Save stems for another use (spaghetti sauce!).
- In a small bowl combine the chili, cream cheese and ¼ cup of cheddar cheese. Taste and add some salt and pepper if needed.
- Mound about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each mushroom. Press down slightly so that it enters the cap and doesn't just sit on top. Top each mushroom with a few shreds of cheese. Bake until cheese on top is melted and starting to brown, about 15-17 minutes.
White Cheese Dip from Lolly Jane
Buffalo Chicken Dip from Bombshell Bling
BBQ Bourbon Beef Cups from Sweet C’s Designs
Bacon Cheddar Skillet Fries from Katie’s Cucina
Loaded Nacho Bites from Crazy Little Projects
Sausage Pinwheels from Clean & Scentsible
Eggroll Dip from The Lilypad Cottage
BBQ Chicken Nachos from It’s Always Autumn
Buffao Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Ella Claire
Green Chili Artichoke Bread from Yellow Bliss Road
11 Responses to “Chili-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe”
- 35 Game Day Appetizers - Yellow Bliss Road
- Asian Salad in a Jar: For Work or for a Fun Dinner Party Appetizer
- Tasty Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Ideas | Un - Complicate
- Southwestern Egg Roll Dip - Big Game Appetizers and Giveaway - The Lilypad Cottage