Best Champagne Punch Recipe w/ Gingerale, Orange Liqueur, Cranberries & Basil
Merry Christmas Eve, My Foodie Friend. Today I’m sharing a super-quick, easy and delicious recipe for a Champagne Punch made with Ginger Ale, Orange Liqueur and pretty Christmas-colored garnishes. It’s not too sweet. Just the perfect drink to sip on during a special evening like tonight.
It’s Christmas Eve! I’m going to be spending tonight wrapping presents with my husband. We’re going to put the kids to bed, put on some Christmas carols and make a punch to sip on through the evening.
This Champagne Punch is really easy to make and only has 3 ingredients, including the Champagne!
(Two more ingredients if you do the pretty garnishes of frozen cranberries and basil leaves. They add a really pretty holiday touch).
I like to make this Champagne punch recipe for evenings when I don’t want to get tipsy quickly. You know, those nights when you have a lot to get done (like Christmas Eve) or when you want to make sure you don’t get sleepy too early (like New Year’s Eve).
It’s made of half sparkling wine and half ginger ale with just a touch of orange liqueur so it’s not very potent. It’s also not very sweet. Just the thing to sip on together as we imagine our kids happy faces tomorrow morning.
Here’s my Champagne Punch with Ginger Ale and Orange Liqueur recipe:
- 1 (750ml) bottle of cold dry sparkling wine (a brut Prosecco, Cava or Californian is a good bet)
- 3 cups of cold ginger ale
- 1 ounce (that’s 2 Tbsp) orange liqueur (like Triple Sec)
- 8 fresh basil leaves (optional, just for garnish)
- 30 frozen cranberries (optional, just for garnish)
- Pour the sparkling wine into a punch bowl. Slowly add the ginger ale and the orange liqueur. Add the basil and frozen cranberries (if using) or a few handfuls of ice. Cheers!