Cranberry Basil Baked Brie and 20 More Baked Brie Recipes
You’re in for an ooey gooey treat! Today I have a recipe for Baked Brie with Cranberry, Basil and Lemon to share. This baked brie recipe doesn’t use any kind of pastry, making it even easier than others. Today I’m also pointing you to 19 of the tastiest baked brie recipes online. Let’s dive in and get cheesy!
In the summer, fresh lemons overflow from my fridge. I squeeze wedges into water, onto salads and into all kinds of cocktails.
But in cooler months, I don’t use lemons as frequently and so I don’t always have them on hand.
To make sure that I always have lemon juice, even if I don’t have lemons, I’ve started keeping some bottled juice in the fridge. I particularly like the little lemon-shaped squeeze bottles. They don’t take up much space and are easy to spot when I need them.
The first time that I tested today’s oozey baked brie recipe, I happened to have a fresh lemon on hand and so I used it. For my second test, I didn’t have a fresh lemon and so I used lemon juice from my yellow squeeze bottle. I was delighted to discover that I couldn’t tell the difference. The bottled lemon juice offered just as much sour tang and brightness to the baked brie recipe as the fresh lemon juice had.
This recipe uses cranberry sauce. I love to make it when I happen to have leftover cranberry sauce in the fridge. This always happens after thanksgiving, making this brie a perfect recipe for the Holiday season. If you have leftover cranberry sauce, try out this recipe or have a look at my ideas for what to do with leftover cranberry sauce. There are tips and recipes too.
And now, here’s my super easy Baked Brie with Cranberry, Basil and Lemon recipe.
(Don’t forget to scroll down further and get the links to the other 19 baked brie recipes. I want to dive in to them all and know you will too).
- ¾ cup whole berry cranberry sauce (canned or homemade)
- 1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp. Concord Foods reconstituted lemon juice
- 7 oz wheel of brie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the cranberry sauce, basil and lemon juice.
- Put the brie on a baking sheet. Top with the cranberry mixture. Bake until the sides of the brie are starting to bulge outwards (this is the creamy cheese inside the rind aching to ooze out), about 20-25 minutes. Top with a few whole basil leaves as garnish. Serve on the baking sheet warning your guests that it will be hot.
And now, here are 19 more meltingly delicious baked brie recipes:
Marinated Baked Brie with Garlic and Red Pepper by Cook the Story
Kahlua-Pecan-Brown Sugar Baked Brie by Noble Pig
Dried Fruit Brie Bites by Busy in Brooklyn
HoneyPecan Baked Brie by Supper for a Steal
Baked Brie with Fig Spread by the little kitchen
Baked Brie Bites by A Spicy Perspective
Baked Brie with Rum Cranberry Compote by Hungry Couple
Cranberry and Pecan Baked Brie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Single Serve Baked Brie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie with Raspberry and Maple by Simply Recipes
Pecan Praline Baked Brie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic by Taste of Home
Baked Brie Graham Cracker Crostini with Lavender Honey by Foodie Crush
Baked Brie Apple Pie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie Cups by Feeling Foodish
Berry Stuffed Crescent Wrapped Brie by Taste and Tell Blog
Baked Brie with Pears and Walnuts by Mother Thyme
Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie by Gimme Some Oven
Cranberry Maple Baked Brie by Will Cook for Smiles
Disclosure: I was compensated monetarily by Concord Foods (via BlogHer) to write about their reconstituted lemon juice. I was also sent samples to try. All opinions are my own.
7 Responses to “Cranberry Basil Baked Brie and 20 More Baked Brie Recipes”
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars: A Very Easy Dessert Recipe
- Easy Hot Cheese Dip with Bacon and Roasted Peppers
- Blog Partner Spotlight – Christine @ Cook the Story | OAMC from Once A Month Meals
- the easiest (no bake!) holiday appetizers
- Easy Appetizers for a Crowd: Tart Apple with Crispy Prosciutto