20 Baked Brie Recipes including Cranberry-Basil Baked Brie
You’re in for an ooey gooey treat! Today I have a recipe for Baked Brie with Cranberry, Basil and Lemon to share. This baked brie recipe doesn’t use any kind of pastry, making it even easier than others. You’ll also see 19 more of the tastiest baked brie recipes online. Let’s dive in and get cheesy!
Disclosure: I was compensated monetarily by Concord Foods (via BlogHer) to write about their reconstituted lemon juice. I was also sent samples to try. All opinions are my own.
In the summer, fresh lemons overflow from my fridge. I squeeze wedges into water, onto salads and into all kinds of cocktails.
But in cooler months, I don’t use lemons as frequently and so I don’t always have them on hand.
To make sure that I always have lemon juice, even if I don’t have lemons, I’ve started keeping some bottled juice in the fridge. I particularly like the little lemon-shaped squeeze bottles. They don’t take up much space and are easy to spot when I need them.
Also, the lemon-shaped bottle is what my Baba used to use. Whenever I take the bottle out of the fridge, I get to spend a second remembering her and her kitchen, which always brightens my day.
The first time that I tested today’s oozey brie recipe, I happened to have a fresh lemon on hand and so I used it. For my second test, I didn’t have a fresh lemon and so I used lemon juice from my yellow squeeze bottle. I was delighted to discover that I couldn’t tell the difference. The bottled lemon juice offered just as much sour tang and brightness to the brie as the fresh lemon juice had.
So, when making this recipe, go ahead and squeeze in some lemon juice from a bottle if that’s what you have. It will work perfectly. I promise.
This recipe uses cranberry sauce. I love to make it when I happen to have leftover cranberry sauce in the fridge. This always happens after Thanksgiving, making this brie a perfect recipe for the Holiday season. If you have leftover cranberry sauce, try out this recipe or have a look at my ideas for what to do with leftover cranberry sauce. There are tips and recipes too.
And now, here’s my super easy baked brie recipe.
(Don’t forget to scroll down further and get the links to the other 19 brie recipes. I want to dive in to them all and I know you will too).
Cranberry-Basil Baked Brie
This is a super-simple but super delicious baked brie recipe. If you don't have a 7oz. wheel of brie, you can use a wedge. Put the wedge in a small casserole dish that is only a bit bigger than your brie. Serve straight from the oven in the casserole dish.
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (canned or homemade)
- 1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp. Concord Foods reconstituted lemon juice
- 7 oz wheel of brie
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl combine the cranberry sauce, basil and lemon juice.
- Put the brie on a baking sheet. Top with the cranberry mixture. Bake until the sides of the brie are starting to bulge outwards (this is the creamy cheese inside the rind aching to ooze out), about 20-25 minutes.
- Top with a few whole basil leaves as garnish. Serve on the baking sheet, warning your guests that it will be hot.
Here are 19 more cheesy delicious brie recipes:
Marinated Baked Brie with Garlic and Red Pepper by Cook the Story
Kahlua-Pecan-Brown Sugar Baked Brie by Noble Pig
Dried Fruit Brie Bites by Busy in Brooklyn
HoneyPecan Baked Brie by Supper for a Steal
Baked Brie with Fig Spread by the little kitchen
Baked Brie Bites by A Spicy Perspective
Baked Brie with Rum Cranberry Compote by Hungry Couple
Cranberry and Pecan Baked Brie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Single Serve Baked Brie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie with Raspberry and Maple by Simply Recipes
Pecan Praline Baked Brie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie with Roasted Garlic by Taste of Home
Baked Brie Graham Cracker Crostini with Lavender Honey by Foodie Crush
Baked Brie Apple Pie by Something Swanky
Baked Brie Cups by Feeling Foodish
Berry Stuffed Crescent Wrapped Brie by Taste and Tell Blog
Baked Brie with Pears and Walnuts by Mother Thyme
Cranberry Pistachio Baked Brie by Gimme Some Oven
Cranberry Maple Baked Brie by Will Cook for Smiles
9 Responses to “20 Baked Brie Recipes including Cranberry-Basil Baked Brie”
- Thanksgiving RoundUp - Sally Twellman
- Foodie: Thanksgiving Feast Leftovers Recipes | News From The Trail
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars: A Very Easy Dessert Recipe
- Easy Hot Cheese Dip with Bacon and Roasted Peppers
- Blog Partner Spotlight – Christine @ Cook the Story | OAMC from Once A Month Meals
- the easiest (no bake!) holiday appetizers
- Easy Appetizers for a Crowd: Tart Apple with Crispy Prosciutto