Hot Cheese Dip: Mozzarella with Bacon & Roasted Peppers
Howdy Foodie Friend! Today I’m excited to share a deliciously easy appetizer recipe for a hot cheese dip with bacon, roasted peppers and green onions (Christmas Colors!) AND links to 15 holiday recipes from some of my favorite bloggers (Christmassy ones, for your fun holiday parties!). To jump down to my hot cheese dip recipe click here and for the tasty links click here.
Something about the dazzle of decorations, the smell of cinnamon in the air (those scented pine cones are everywhere, aren’t they?) and the constant lull of memorized holiday melodies makes me spontaneously invite people over to our house.
Do you do this? You bump into someone at your kid’s karate class and as you talk about Christmas shopping, your upcoming holiday party, trimming the tree and about finding time to do it all, you make things crazier for yourself by inviting them over for drinks later tonight.
Then you hurry home and in a holiday frenzy try to find something to serve when they arrive.
This year things will be different at my house, and not because I’ve banned guests. Nope. Instead, we’ve stocked up on wine when our grocery store had a BOGO on a not-too-terrible brand. And, more importantly, I’ve bought a few long-lasting ingredients that can turn into an everyone-pleasing hot cheese dip at the drop of a Santa’s hat.
Here is the recipe for my hot cheese dip made with mozzarella, bacon (prefried!) and roasted peppers.
Oh wait, before I give you the recipe I need to remind you to scroll down to check out the links to other delicious holiday recipes from some of my favorite bloggers.
- 4 strips precooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 8 oz part-skim mozzarella cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- Put a small pie plate, gratin dish or cast iron skillet into the oven. Preheat the oven to 375ºF. While the oven preheats and the dish warms up, combine the bacon, roasted pepper, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Once the oven has preheated, remove the dish from the oven and add the cheese to it in a single layer. Return the dish to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted into one oozey puddle, about 10 minutes.
- Top the melted cheese with the bacon mixture and return it to the oven just until the bacon and peppers are heated through, 4-5 minutes. Top with the green onion and serve.
Wowzers! Check out all the tasty recipes from the bloggers participating in this Holiday Bites progressive dinner party:
Tomato & Ricotta Crostini from Katie’s Cucina
Roasted Leek and Onion Soup from Sweet C’s Designs
Red Pepper Manchego Stuffed Mushrooms from The Lilypad Cottage
Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs from White House Black Shutters
Cranberry Salsa from Bombshell Bling
Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms from Kokocooks
Cream Cheese with Garlic & Bacon filled Crescents from A Glimpse Inside
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats from Yellow Bliss Road
Peppermint Patty Chex Mix from Lolly Jane
Brownie Stuffed Christmas Trees from It’s Always Autumn
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Clean and Scentsible
Mini Candy Cane Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache from Crazy Little Projects
Black and White Cookie Brownies from Sweet Rose Studio
Oreo Truffle Reindeer Noses and Free Printable from Balancing Home
Peppermint Muddy Buddies from A Pumpkin and a Princess