A Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe As Sexy As A Man In The Kitchen
Welcome to my easy Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe and to my story about my man in the kitchen. To jump down to the recipe click here. This recipe is part of the Make It Mine series. If you’re a blogger who would like to take part in the Make It Mine fun, join this Facebook Group. If you have a Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe link to share, go to the linky and add your recipe.
The Hubs has got the moves like Oliver. Jamie Oliver, that is. I swear he’s a better cook than I am (although he is MUCH messier).
Several years ago he decided to make Chicken Cordon Bleu for us. Whereas I had always just mixed some cheese and ham together and stuffed it into chicken breasts, he spent time researching online and found just the right recipe.
It was a revelation. Stuffed with cheese and ham, yes. But also acidic with white wine. And herby with parsley and thyme. And very very very garlicky.
I fell in love with Chicken Cordon Bleu that day, and a little more in love with my man in the kitchen too.
But when for my birthday last week he asked if I’d like to go out for dinner, I said no. I told him that I’d much prefer staying home and having him cook me dinner after the kids had gone to bed.
What did I want him to make? His Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, of course!
He wouldn’t give it to me.
He called it his secret weapon and said that if I could make it myself, it wouldn’t be this special thing that he could do for me anymore.
So today I’m sharing a different Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe, but one that’s equally sexy.
This one isn’t sexy because of the man cooking it. Instead, it’s sexy because it’s so easy to make. And my husband will tell you that a relaxed woman greeting him at the door with a simple meal is sexier than an exhausted woman with a deliciously complicated dinner any day.
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 (1 oz.) slices baked or honey ham
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 (1 oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Rub a medium-sized baking sheet with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder and the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Set aside.
- Lay the 4 slices of ham out on the baking sheet in a non-overlapping layer. Take a chicken thigh and unroll it so that it is a flat single-layered piece. Put it on top of one of the slices of ham. Repeat with the remaining chicken thighs.
- Top each chicken thigh with a slice of cheese. Overlap tomato slices over each piece of cheese and then top each set of tomatoes with one quarter of the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and bread crumbs are browned, about 20 minutes.