Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
Today I’m bringing you my Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie. Click here to skip ahead to the recipe. This easy dessert recipe is part of Food Blogger Ice Cream Week. Click here to see what the other bloggers have made for today or click here to enter to win the Ice Cream Week Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine and 2 ice cream cookbooks that are part of our ice cream week.
Some days require a decadent dessert. A decadent dessert like a Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie.
Yesterday was such a day.
I’m not going to bore you with details. Let’s just say it involved a toddler with pink eye, a doctor visit, a pompous pharmacist, a long drive, a lot of whining, a flat tire, a trip to the mechanics, a long wait at McDonald’s followed by a dress-drenching stormy walk back to the mechanics to pick up the car.
When we finally got home, I toweled off, changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt and got ready for dinner.
Last night dinner was a bit of an adventure. I’m participating in a grilling competition at Whole Foods today and last night I did a practice run. I managed to get everything cooked in just 30 seconds over the 20 minutes I’m allowed. That was a good thing. But I still felt off and down.
And then The Hubs said, “Let’s have some red wine and chocolate to cheer you,” at which point I remembered the Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie I’d put into the freezer a few days ago.
That peanut butter cup dream was supposed to be for company this weekend. But it turned out to be the perfect bad-mood-buster.
And I don’t even mind that I’m short a dessert for the weekend since this peanut butter cup filled ice cream treat is so quick and easy to make. In fact, I’ll get another one into the freezer this morning.
But let’s just hope that the grilling competition goes well and I don’t come home in another slump. I mean, I don’t mind making a ton of these ice cream pies but my hips will definitely mind if I keep eating them all.
Now here’s my recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened a bit
- 1-9 inch pie crust, baked according to package or recipe instructions and cooled
- 15-20 Peanut Butter Cup miniatures, all wrappings removed
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter, warmed
- a 1 gallon ziptop bag
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate sauce (I use a bottle of the stuff that gets hard when it hits ice cream)
- Spread the ice cream into the prepared pie crust. Depending on how you measured (and on how firm the ice cream still is) you may not need all of it. You want it to not quite fill the pie shell. Distribute the peanut butter cups evenly in a single layer over the ice cream and then push them down so that they are mostly submerged but still sticking up a bit.
- Spoon the peanut butter into the bag. Cut a tiny bit of one bottom corner off of the bag. Squeeze the bag so that the peanut butter can drizzle out of the hole. Drizzle peanut butter all over the pie.
- If your chocolate sauce has a drizzle-able spout, use that to drizzle on some chocolate sauce. If not, repeat the bag procedure but put chocolate sauce in the bag instead of peanut butter and drizzle it on.
- Put the pie into the freezer for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve or cover with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 1 week.
And now a bit about Ice Cream Week and the recipes from today’s participating bloggers
Welcome to #IceCreamWeek! Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina have teamed up with more than 20 of their blog friends to bring you a week full of ice cream treats, including a special ice cream giveaway! Prepare to have your taste buds tempted with some of the best ice cream treats around! Make sure you enter the giveaway for a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and two fabulous ice cream cookbooks so that you can join in on the ice cream fun!
If you’d like to check out today’s #IceCreamWeek recipes, drool over the blogs below:
Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana Ice Cream Banana Splits by Cravings of a Lunatic
Peachy Vanilla Ice Cream by Juanita’s Cocina
Malted Chocolate Ice Cream by Foodness Gracious
Malted Milkshakes by girlichef
Roasted Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream by Poet in the Pantry
Chocolate Chip Caramel Swirl Ice Cream by It’s Yummilicous
S’mores Ice Cream by Food Babbles
Healthy Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
Manischewitz Ice Cream Sandwiches by What Jew Wanna Eat
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches by 52 Kitchen Adventures
Nutella Ice Cream with Granola Topping by The Spiffy Cookie