An Easy Burger Recipe Made on the Breakfast Sandwich Maker
Today I’m bringing you an easy burger recipe cooked up on the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker and a chance to win a Breakfast Sandwich Maker of your own. Click here to skip ahead to the recipe and click here to skip ahead to enter the giveaway.
Back when The Hubs and I were first together, way before kids, we’d lay in bed on Sunday morning and imaging a machine that would cook breakfast for us while we dozed.
What we had in mind was like a programmable coffee maker but for breakfast. It would be a refrigerated unit to which you add raw bacon, a cracked egg and some bread before going to sleep.
And then, just like on the days when mother’s visiting, you wake to the memory-tugging meaty maple smells of bacon frying, and you know that it is going to be a great day.
We always thought that the breakfast machine of our dreams was light years away. But something has made it seem closer…
While at BlogHer Food in Austin a couple months ago, I had the opportunity to taste a sandwich made on the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker. The breakfast sandwich was really good but I honestly wondered who needed an extra contraption like this in their kitchen.
I mean, why not just use a frying pan?
But then they sent me a Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
And I used it.
And I used it again.
And I was in love.
Seriously, this machine takes seconds to load up with breakfast ingredients. Then you can go check your email and, moments later breakfast is served. You have to make one sandwich at a time but I’ve found that with everyone running around in the morning anyhow, it usually works out (although I am tempted to buy a second machine so that I can have two sandwiches going at once!).
I love this gadget so much that I’ve experimented with it for lunch and dinner. What I’m sharing today is an easy burger recipe made on the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
This is the perfect easy burger recipe to roll out on a weeknight when everyone is in a hurry and is eating at different times.
You make sure to have the burger patties cooked up and then you make everyone their own burger as needed, each one ready in moments.
I’ve experimented with different kinds of breads and buns. The Breakfast Sandwich Maker works best with English muffins and other very flat breads (pita cut into rounds, regular sliced bread cut into rounds, thin bagels, etc.). If the bread (or bun) is too thick it becomes hard to close the machine and sometimes the top and bottom of the bun will burn.
I’ve therefore used Whole Wheat English muffins for this burger recipe.
What else is in this easy burger recipe?
There’s melty cheese and, get this, the level of the Breakfast Sandwich Maker that is usually used to cook the egg is instead used to lightly sauté some mushrooms and spinach. Tasty, healthy and quick. What more could you ask for on a busy weeknight?
If you love this burger recipe and the idea of a Breakfast Sandwich Maker, guess what? Hamilton Beach has given me one to giveaway to a lucky reader. Scroll down and enter to win using the rafflecopter below.
And now onto the easy burger recipe using the Breakfast Sandwich Maker.
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 4 (1/2 oz.) slices Swiss cheese
- 4 (2 oz.) fully cooked burger patties
- Preheat the Breakfast Sandwich Machine as instructed in the manual.
- In a medium bowl combine the spinach, mushroom and olive oil. Set aside.
- Divide the mustard among the 4 English muffin bottoms and spread it on. Divide the mayonnaise between the muffin tops and spread it on.
- Put a muffin bottom into the lowest level of the breakfast machine maker. Top it with one slice of the cheese and then the cooked burger patty. Slide the cooking plate into place and put ¼ of the spinach mixture onto the plate. Top with the muffin top and close the machine. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the burger is warmed through and the cheese is melted. Slide the cooking plate out (causeing the spinach and mushrooms to fall onto hte burger patty. Open the machine and use a spatula to remove the burger.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining ingredients.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: Hamilton Beach gave me a Breakfast Sandwich Maker to review and they have given the one that I am using for a giveaway in this post. They have not paid me. All opinions are my own.