Bacon Burger (with Bacon Right in the Patty!!)
Yesterday I shared a burger recipe with chorizo sausage right in the patty. Today’s has…wait for it…bacon mixed right in. And there’s a fried egg on top. I know, exciting right.
I was about to tell you how much I love having breakfast for dinner. I was going to follow up by telling you why I love it so much. And then I realized that it’s not so much having breakfast for dinner that I love, it’s having eggs and bacon.
For breakfast. For dinner. For breakfast for dinner. For dinner for breakfast. I’ll be happy no matter what you call it, so long as the eggs and bacon are there.
And so I came up with this burger recipe. It has bacon (in the patty, yes, mixed right in with the ground beef) and egg (sunny side up and raring to drip). We had these burgers for brunch this weekend. But when we ate them doesn’t really matter because, like I said, if it has egg and bacon in it you can eat it anytime.
- 12 oz. lean groun beef
- 6 slices of par-cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarse black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 4 (1 ounce) slices of aged cheddar
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a bowl combine the beef, bacon, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Form into 4 equal-sized burger patties with the same diameter as your English muffins. Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add the burger patties and cooked until the underside is well-browned, 4-5 minutes. Flip over and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese has melted and the patties have attained desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter in a second skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Carefully crack in the eggs one at at time and spaced out so that they are unattached to each other. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 4-6 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise onto the cut sides of the English muffins. Top the bottom of each English Muffin with a burger patty, followed by a slice of tomato and 1 sunny side up egg. Serve the English muffin tops on the side so that everyone can decide when they want to squish down and break their yolk.
5 Responses to “Bacon Burger (with Bacon Right in the Patty!!)”
- Labor Day Recipes: Eat Like You Don't Have To Go To Work - Informant Daily
- Turkey Burger Patties with Toasted Cumin, Coriander and Fennel