Watermelon Wine Slush Recipe

Today I’m sharing a frozen drink recipe. A *pink* frozen drink recipe. With lemon in it. And watermelon. And wine. It’s a watermelon and lemon white wine slush recipe that is easy to make and deliciously refreshing.

An Easy Watermelon Wine Slush Recipe. Get this refreshing frozen drink recipe and more from www.cookthestory.com

Sometimes I’m in the mood for pink lemonade. Sometimes I’m in the mood for wine. And sometimes I’m in the mood for both.

That’s how I decided to try developing a wine slush recipe pinkened with watermelon and jazzed up with lemon.

This wine slush recipe is super easy to make. Cut and freeze some watermelon and chill some white wine. Put them in the blender with some lemon juice and sugar and whiz it up. Then keep it in your fridge until you’re in the mood to add some to a half glass of white wine to give it some extra chill and pretty pink flavor.

Oh, and if the whole idea of frozen treats with wine sounds up your alley, you should also check out my frozen watermelon white wine dessert recipe.

A Frozen Watermelon and White Wine Dessert

Make a batch of this wine slush recipe and have yourself an icy, cool frozen cocktail tonight.

Watermelon Wine Slush Recipe

This is such an easy wine slush recipe to make. You freeze watermelon an hten put it in a blender with lemon juice and wine. Pop it back into the freezer for a bit and then to serve, spoon it into a glass and top with more white wine. Ta da!

• 4 cups of watermelon cubes
  • 2 lemons, juiced
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 bottle of very cold white wine (anything that you like to drink), plus more for serving

1. Put the watermelon cubes into a plastic zip top bag and then into the freezer until frozen, at least 2 hours.
  2. Put the watermelon, the lemon juice, the sugar and the cold white wine into a blender and whiz it around until it is smooth. Pour the mixture back into the plastic bag and back into the freezer. Leave it there until it is good and frozen squishing it now and then, at least 3 hours.
  3. Transfer the frozen mixture into a wine glass filling it 2/3 full. Top with a bit more wine.

Some of my foodie friends made a wine slush recipe for you to try, too!

Sweet Wine Slushies from The Kitchn

Raspberry Chardonnay Slushies from The Naptime Chef

Frozen White Peach Sangria Slushie from Always Order Dessert

15 Responses to “Watermelon Wine Slush Recipe”

1. Denise — June 7, 2014 @ 12:45 pm (#)

Definitely late to the party here, but I’ve done this with 1 c (higher quality) Vodka and it was amazing. You can do it w/o freezing the watermelon, just puree it in a food processor

2. Natalie — October 15, 2013 @ 8:04 pm (#)

This looks like an incredibly yummy recipe, too bad summer grilling season is over, it would be perfect. Will definitely make in future.

3. Andrea — June 28, 2013 @ 7:08 pm (#)

Love this! Like a margarita, but without the tequila headache the following day! I would totally make this!

• Christine Pittman — June 29, 2013 @ 3:46 pm (#)

Andrea, No tequila headache here! It’s true. This is as refreshing as a frozen margarita but not nearly as boozy. You can also use soda water in the last step instead of adding more wine if you want it to have even less alcohol.

4. Shaina — June 22, 2013 @ 5:49 pm (#)

This would be so so so good with either a riesling or moscato. I love watermelon and wine, duh. What a good refreshing summer drink idea!

5. Helene D'souza — June 20, 2013 @ 10:40 am (#)

I met some great blogging friends online too. The internet is a great enrichment to our lives no? ;)
    What a neat drink! Lovely addition of wine, that should keep me busy ^.^

6. Liz — June 19, 2013 @ 3:06 pm (#)

What a fantastic way to keep cool on a hot summer night…such a beautiful color, too!

7. Paula — June 19, 2013 @ 12:38 pm (#)

Talk about a refreshing and tantalizing drink!

8. Jane's Adventures in Dinner — June 19, 2013 @ 10:19 am (#)

Oh! This just made me want to see you even more.

9. Rachel @ I Love My Disorganized Life — June 19, 2013 @ 9:59 am (#)

This drink sounds very refreshing, perfect for summer!

10. Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — June 19, 2013 @ 9:19 am (#)

I love that this uses watermelon which is something I could exist on during the summer! I have never tried watermelon, lemon and wine together….I guess I’ll have to make it my homework!

1. Easy Frozen Watermelon Popsicles — June 13, 2014
  2. Best Recipes of 2013 — December 30, 2013
  3. 75+ Summer Fruit Recipes Roundup | The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen — July 30, 2013
  4. A Frozen Watermelon & White Wine Dessert — June 27, 2013