Easy Pots de Chocolat and Who Hates Cooking?
Today I’m telling you why I don’t like making desserts. It’s all about calories, guilt and dirty dishes. To get around those issues, I submitted one of my favorite easy chocolate desserts to the Stonyfield Organic website. It’s a recipe for Pots de Chocolat with Greek Yogurt that I developed when searching for that sweet spot where few calories and even fewer dishes to wash meet.
She looked at me with serious questioning eyes, “It’s really hard to tell you this. I hope you’ll still want to be my friend. But…well…here’s the thing…I hate cooking.”
Oh! What a relief. I thought my new friend, my neighbor, mother of kids similar ages to mine, gal who makes me snort so loudly with laughter that my knees meet the rough cement of her driveway, was about to tell me something truly terrible. Hating cooking? Bah! That’s nothing. I can deal with that.
I can deal with it because I have my own similar secret. Sh. Don’t tell anyone. Here it is: I hate making desserts.
Hate it? I actually find it torturous. I hate knowing that the directions need to be followed so precisely. I hate that the experimentation is so much more difficult than in regular cooking. I hate the resultant sweets on my counter that lure me towards adding buttery pounds to my hips. And I hate doing the dishes.
I don’t mind washing dishes after making a meal. I plug into a podcast and wash away the remains, happily knowing that we’ve eaten a delicious healthy dinner.
When it comes to the dessert dishes – pan edges with dried-on cake crumbs, egg beaters thick with batter, whisks, bowls, measuring spoons and cups – I frown at them in the sink and all I can think is, “Ugh! What a mess!”
Dessert dishes just aren’t worth it to someone with a sweet tooth as small as mine.
And so, when I have to make dessert, I turn to things that don’t use a lot of dishes.
My favorites are easy chocolate desserts like these little Pots de Chocolat.
It’s so easy to whip up this chocolate dessert and it only dirties a small bowl, a measuring cup and a spatula. Better yet, the chocolate mixture is made with fat-free Greek yogurt instead of cream so your hips will be as happy as your nice dry hands.
If you’re looking for another really easy delicious chocolate dessert that uses Greek yogurt, check out this Greek Yogurt Chocolate Fruit Dip. It only has 6 ingredients that you simply mix together for a rich decadent (but healthy) dip.
- 1 Divine milk chocolate (5.3 ounce bar)
- 1 Divine bittersweet chocolate (5.3 ounce bar)
- 3⁄4 cup Stonyfield Organic 2% Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp. instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt (divided)
- Use your hands to break up the two bars of chocolate into a small bowl.
- Measure the milk into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Put it in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat for 10 seconds at a time stirring each time until it’s steaming hot. (If it’s bubbling, let it sit for a moment. Very hot milk with chocolate can yield a grainy texture).
- Add the chocolate pieces to the milk all at once and stir it with a spatula until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the salt and espresso powder (if using). Add enough yogurt to make up 3 cups. Stir it until it is well-combined and is a consistent color throughout.
- Use the spatula to help divide the chocolate mixture equally into 6 ramekins. Cover each ramekin loosely with plastic wrap. Put them in the fridge until well set, at least 2 hours. To Serve: Remove the ramekins from the fridge and discard the plastic wrap. Dollop each with about a tablespoon of Greek yogurt.
Tell me, which do you enjoy more, cooking or baking? Why do you dislike one more than the other?
Looking for more easy chocolate desserts? Here are some great recipes to check out:
Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Brownies by The Kitchn
Mocha Pots de Creme by Simple Nourished Living
Hot Chocolate on a Stick by Chocolate Covered Katie
Find out what’s inspiring me lately!
22 Responses to “Easy Pots de Chocolat and Who Hates Cooking?”
- No Oven? No Problem! 40+ Stovetop and Raw Recipes - MarocMama
- 100+ Healthy Christmas and Holiday Dessert Recipes - Jeanette's Healthy Living
- 100+ Greek Yogurt Recipes - Jeanette's Healthy Living
- 50+ Easy Recipes for College Students - Clarks Condensed
- Jelly Pot Belly