New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktail: Sparkling Sangria
Make any party special with Champagne Cocktails. Here I have six different cocktails for you that together only use nine simple ingredients. Easy and fun, the perfect party!
Then lead them to the bar and show them the ingredients and recipes for the other 5 Champagne Cocktails that they can sample throughout the night.
And here are the links to all the easy Champagne Cocktails:
And finally, here’s the recipe for today’s Champagne Cocktail, the Sparkling Sangria:
- ice cubes
- about 40 frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange (or 2 clementines)
- ½ of a lemon
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- Put the cranberries in a medium sized bowl and cover with hot tap water to defrost them. Once defrosted, drain them and then chop them up. If any juice accumulates on the cutting board try to save it to add to the sangria. Similarly, roughly chop the orange and the lemon also saving up any of the juices that squirt out onto your cutting board.
- Fill a 1 and ½ liter (50 ounce) pitcher ⅓ full of ice. Add the cranberries, orange and lemon along with any of the accumulated juice. Pour in the bubbly. Store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before serving. I like to serve this sangria in Champagne flutes but you can use regular wine glasses or a martini glass.