New Year’s Eve Champagne Cocktails Finale
Tonight is New Year’s Eve. Yippee!!!! I’m so excited. I’ve been testing and tasting Champagne Cocktails for days now and tonight I get to let me friends have a taste. I hope they like them as much as I do.
Today I’m sharing the final champagne cocktail in my series “6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients”. It’s a Sparkling Sangria, basically sparkling wine with a lot of ice and a lot of fruit. It’s a refreshing drink that would be perfect to start out your New Year’s Eve event. It is also a nice change from the usual Mimosa at brunch. So if you’re having friends over during the day tomorrow, this Sparkling Wine Sangria would be just the thing to celebrate the New Year in daylight.
The six Champagne Cocktails that I’ve told you about this week together use only nine ingredients. Get the list of ingredients that you’ll need here.
And here are the links to all the Champagne Cocktails.
And finally, here’s the recipe for today’s Champagne Cocktail, the Sparkling Sangria:
- ice cubes
- about 40 frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange (or 2 clementines)
- ½ of a lemon
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine
- Put the cranberries in a medium sized bowl and cover with hot tap water to defrost them. Once defrosted, drain them and then chop them up. If any juice accumulates on the cutting board try to save it to add to the sangria. Similarly, roughly chop the orange and the lemon also saving up any of the juices that squirt out onto your cutting board.
- Fill a 1 and ½ liter (50 ounce) pitcher ⅓ full of ice. Add the cranberries, orange and lemon along with any of the accumulated juice. Pour in the bubbly. Store in the fridge for up to 30 minutes before serving. I like to serve this sangria in Champagne flutes but you can use regular wine glasses or a martini glass.
Oh, and before you go, I have to tell you that my first monthly newsletter is coming out soon. Make sure that you don’t miss out on all the great tips and on some fun contests by subscribing today. It’s fun and it’s free! Subscribe by clicking here.
Now head on down to the comment section below and tell me what your food and drink plans are for tonight. I’m as excited to hear what you’re doing as I am to get my own party started. Have fun!