Easy Champagne Cocktails: The Poinsettia
If you’re looking for inspiration for your own New Year’s Party, I’ve got a festive idea for you: Make it a night of Champagne cocktails! This menu of cocktails gives you many drinks to try but without a lot of ingredients. Only nine ingredients, actually.
A note about champagne: When making champagne cocktails, you should not use real champagne (unless you’re really really rich, in which case, can I come to your party?). You can totally go ahead and use a nice Prosecco (the Italian version of champagne), Cava (the Spanish version of champagne) or a nice dry (look for the word Brut on the bottle) bottle of sparkling wine from California or Australia.
The best thing you can do is to go now and pick up a bottle of what you’re thinking of using. Chill it down really well. And then this evening open it up and sample it. If you like drinking it on its own, you will like it in the cocktails.
Here’s the recipe for today’s champagne cocktail: The Poinsettia.
The links to the other cocktails are below.
- 10 frozen cranberries that have been defrosted
- 1 ounce of orange liqueur (like Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- ½ cup of dry sparkling wine
- 6 or 7 frozen cranberries
- In a cocktail shaker combine the defrosted cranberries and orange liqueur. Muddle them to mush up the cranberries a bit. (Note that you can do this with a mortar and pestle if you don't have a cocktail shaker and muddler).
- Strain the orange liqueur into a martini glass (use a fine mesh sieve if you don't want tiny cranberry seeds in your drink. If you don't mind the seeds, then use whatever strainer you'd like).
- Top the glass up with the sparkling wine. Drop in the frozen cranberries (these look pretty and help keep the drink nice and cold). Drink!
And here are the links to the easy champagne cocktails:
19 Responses to “Easy Champagne Cocktails: The Poinsettia”
- 52 Holiday Cocktails to Try This Season
- 20 Festive Champagne Cocktails Plus Champagne Recipes And More
- 3 Champagne Cocktails To Try For New Years Eve - An Appealing Plan
- 20 Fun New Year's Eve Drink Recipes | Growing Up Gabel
- 12 Days of Holiday Cocktails - Our Three Peas
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Barbotage : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The French 75 : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients: Sparkling Sangria : Cook the Story
- 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: Black Velvet : Cook the Story
- Save Money For You New Year’s Eve Toast!! | Stubborn's Place
- Six Easy Champagne Cocktails that use Nine Simple Ingredients : Cook the Story