Easy Champagne Cocktails: The Poinsettia

If you’re looking for inspiration for your own New Year’s Party, I’ve got a festive idea for you: Make it a night of Champagne cocktails! This menu of cocktails gives you many drinks to try but without a lot of ingredients. Only nine ingredients, actually.

A note about champagne: When making champagne cocktails, you should not use real champagne (unless you’re really really rich, in which case, can I come to your party?). You can totally go ahead and use a nice Prosecco (the Italian version of champagne), Cava (the Spanish version of champagne) or a nice dry (look for the word Brut on the bottle) bottle of sparkling wine from California or Australia.

6 Easy Champagne Cocktails from 9 Simple Ingredients - The Poinsetta

The best thing you can do is to go now and pick up a bottle of what you’re thinking of using. Chill it down really well. And then this evening open it up and sample it. If you like drinking it on its own, you will like it in the cocktails.

Get the list of ingredients you need to make all six of the cocktails by clicking here.

Here’s the recipe for today’s champagne cocktail: The Poinsettia.

The links to the other cocktails are below.

5.0 from 1 reviews
The Poinsettia

Prep time
Total time

To make this drink you need to muddle up cranberries that were frozen but have been defrosted. Why is freezing imporant? It seems to make it easier to get out the juice. So freeze the cranberries (just stick the whole bag in the freezer) and then take out some to defrost in a bowl of warm water. Once they're defrosted, drain them and use them within 1 day. Note that the recipe also uses cranberries that are STILL frozen as a garnish and to keep the drink cold. So make sure you keep some cranberries in the freezer for their chill factor.
Author:
Recipe type: Beverage
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • 10 frozen cranberries that have been defrosted
  • 1 ounce of orange liqueur (like Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
  • ½ cup of dry sparkling wine
  • 6 or 7 frozen cranberries
Instructions
  1. In a cocktail shaker combine the defrosted cranberries and orange liqueur. Muddle them to mush up the cranberries a bit. (Note that you can do this with a mortar and pestle if you don't have a cocktail shaker and muddler).
  2. Strain the orange liqueur into a martini glass (use a fine mesh sieve if you don't want tiny cranberry seeds in your drink. If you don't mind the seeds, then use whatever strainer you'd like).
  3. Top the glass up with the sparkling wine. Drop in the frozen cranberries (these look pretty and help keep the drink nice and cold). Drink!

And here are the links to the easy champagne cocktails:

Paint Your Mimosa Red
The Pink French 75
The Black Velvet
The Barbowhatever
Sparkling Sangria

19 Responses to “Easy Champagne Cocktails: The Poinsettia”

1. free gold on game of war fire age — January 28, 2015 @ 4:26 am (#)

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme
    in our community. Your website offered us with valuable info to
    work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire
    community will be grateful to you.

2. Doncaster escorts — March 26, 2014 @ 2:38 am (#)

I seriously love your website.. Excellent colors & theme. Did you build this amazing site yourself?

Please reply back as I’m planning to create my own personal website and would like to know where you
    got this from or just what the theme is called.
    Cheers!

3. Shelley — March 25, 2014 @ 10:55 pm (#)

I’m curious to find out what blog system you’re working with?
    I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest website and I’d like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any solutions?

4. Twoja-Pieczatka — March 25, 2014 @ 8:37 pm (#)

Fastidious response in return of this matter with genuine arguments and explaining
    everything regarding that.

5. Sam P. — December 27, 2013 @ 11:50 am (#)

What a pretty drink!

6. JulieD — December 29, 2012 @ 4:34 pm (#)

This looks great, Christine!! Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!!

I prefer my cocktails sweet and fruity!! :)

7. Veronica — December 28, 2012 @ 11:35 am (#)

What an easy way to make a fun New Year’s Party. I’m not sure what we’re doing yet but now I want to invite people over so I have an excuse to make these.

• Christine Pittman — December 28, 2012 @ 11:50 am (#)

Thanks Veronica! If you do end up making the cocktails, let me know. I’d love to hear how you and your friends liked them and how they added to the fun of your party.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 52 Holiday Cocktails to Try This Season — January 19, 2015
  2. 20 Festive Champagne Cocktails Plus Champagne Recipes And More — January 19, 2015
  3. 3 Champagne Cocktails To Try For New Years Eve - An Appealing Plan — December 30, 2014
  4. 20 Fun New Year's Eve Drink Recipes | Growing Up Gabel — December 9, 2014
  5. 12 Days of Holiday Cocktails - Our Three Peas — November 21, 2013
  6. 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The Barbotage : Cook the Story — January 1, 2013
  7. 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: The French 75 : Cook the Story — January 1, 2013
  8. 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients: Sparkling Sangria : Cook the Story — December 31, 2012
  9. 6 Easy Champagne Cocktails, 9 Simple Ingredients, Today: Black Velvet : Cook the Story — December 29, 2012
  10. Save Money For You New Year’s Eve Toast!! | Stubborn's Place — December 29, 2012
  11. Six Easy Champagne Cocktails that use Nine Simple Ingredients : Cook the Story — December 28, 2012