Christmas Indulgence: Orange Hot Chocolate Float
Before all the insanity of Christmas-Dinner-Cooking begins, I’m going to sit back with a warm and indulgent drink. I hope you find time for one as well. I’ll be having one of these Orange Hot Chocolate Floats.
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- 8 ounces milk or hot water
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (like Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1 scoop (about ⅓ of a cup) of chocolate ice cream
- orange slices for garnish (optional)
- Combine the hot chocolate powder and milk/water in a mug. Drizzle in the orange liqueur and stir. Top with the scoop of ice cream. But don't stir it or anything. Just let it slowly melt into your drink as you sip and relax, enjoying spending time with loved ones on this special day.
I hope you’re having a lovely Christmas,
Oh wait, before you go please tell me about one indulgent thing that you’ve eaten or drank today.