Boozy Orange Chocolate Ice Cream Cocktail
This boozy orange chocolate ice cream cocktail recipe is pure holiday indulgence, and a reward for your hard work in the kitchen, preparing holiday meals!
Before all the insanity of Christmas dinner cooking begins, I’m going to sit back with a cozy, indulgent, grown up drink. This boozy orange chocolate ice cream cocktail. It’s pure holiday indulgence and a reward for all of our hard work in the kitchen!
Orange liqueur, hot cocoa, and chocolate ice cream. Serious indulgence and serious love!
I hope you find time for one as well.
If you’ve got little ones in the house, you might also want to grab my recipe for homemade hot cocoa mix. It also makes a great hostess gift for any parties you may be going to!
I’m thinking of you as I sip my chocolate ice cream cocktail!
Oh, before you go, please tell me about one indulgent thing that you’ve eaten or drank today.
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- 8 ounces very hot milk or very hot water
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (like Cointreau, Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 1 scoop (about ⅓ of a cup) of chocolate ice cream
- orange slices for garnish (optional)
- Combine the hot chocolate powder and milk/water in a mug. Drizzle in the orange liqueur and stir. Top with the scoop of ice cream. But don't stir it or anything. Just let it slowly melt into your drink as you sip and relax, enjoying spending time with loved ones on this special day.
I hope you’re having a lovely Christmas!