Spicy Sweet Noodle Salad
I don’t know about you but I always seem to have leftover chicken and leftover noodles in the fridge. It’s easy enough to turn the two of them plus some tomato sauce and cheese into a baked pasta for a weeknight dinner. But honestly, that idea makes me bored. So bored.
I’m not going to waste leftovers though since we all know that they can turn into the quickest and easiest meals ever.
So instead of baked pasta I try to think of something different. Something spicy. Something fresh. Something to get me and my family excited and to distract us from the fact that we’re eating boring leftovers. This is what I’ve come up with: It’s a crisp salad of spinach, mango and red peppers tossed with the leftover noodles and chicken. Then there’s a spicily sweet Sriracha dressing that I serve at the table both because it looks pretty in a glass bottle and because this way everyone can decide how much, if any, spice they’d like.
Oh, and if you’re wondering how to get the mango pieces to be nice little squares like the ones here, check out my mango-cutting video. It’s way easier (and more fun!) than you ever imagined.
- the juice of 1 lime (about 2 and ½ tbsps)
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha (Thai hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- Measure the first five ingredients into a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until combined.
- Pile 1 cup of spinach onto each of four dinner plates. Top each pile of spinach with ¼ of each of the following: the spaghetti, mango, red bell pepper and chicken.
- Serve the dressing alongside the salad so that people can put as much or as little as they'd like.
Thanks for reading!
7 Responses to “Spicy Sweet Noodle Salad”
- Tips and Recipes: Easy Meals for Dinner : Cook the Story
- Simple Recipes for Weeknights
- Simple Recipes and Tips for Weeknight Dinners: Quick Easy Healthy : Cook the Story